L-1 Visa Archive

The L visa program consists of two visa classifications, L-1A and L-1B. Both are temporary intracompany transfer programs that permit nonimmigrant alien employees of an international company to transfer to the company’s U.S.-based office after having worked abroad for the company for at least one continuous year. The spouses of L-1 visa recipients may also work any job without restriction once an approved I-766 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is issued.