J-1 Visa Archive

The J-1 visa program (J-1) or Exchange Visitor Program, according to the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services, is authorized for nonimmigrant aliens who intend to participate in an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, receiving training, or to receive graduate medical education or training. These programs are designed to promote the interchange of persons, knowledge and skills in education, arts and science. Spouses of J-1 visa recipients may also work any job without restriction once an approved I-766 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is issued.